cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting time taken to resolve data by 30/60/90 days

AlexW
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Looking to provide metrics on counting time taken to complete assignments split by 30/60/90 days.

Working in the pivot table grouping by "Department" I want to display 3 columns based on DDIFF (start_date and end_date) so that I can see count of those records where time was 0-30 days, 30-60, 90+. 

As a test below I have attempted to get just <10 and >10 - this is clearly not equal to the count of all so something is not working.

AlexW_0-1720423258617.png

Column formula (and I have also tried with SUM with essentially the same result, DUPCOUNT gives an error as I can't aggregate)
COUNT([ID],IF(MAX(DDiff([Days in START_DATE],[Days in END_DATE]))<10,1,0))

I only have access to dashboard designer permissions so can't edit any elasticube settings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TriAnthony
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @AlexW,

SUM should be used to get the total of the 1s and 0s, i.e. the count of records that match each bucketing criterion. Here's how the formula should look like:

SUM([ID], IF(MAX(DDiff([Days in START_DATE],[Days in END_DATE]))<10,1,0))

I also attached a sample dashboard below for your reference. This dashboard uses the Sample Healthcare cube, which is available by default to all dashboard designers. Note: please change the file extension from .txt to .dash before importing to your environment.

TriAnthony_0-1721149952758.png

Tri Anthony Situmorang

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @AlexW.

Without access to the Data Model it's hard to know what needs to be done here. Can you reach out to our Support team? They will work closely with you and bring in a technical resource if needed.

David Raynor (DRay)

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @AlexW.

Was support able to help get this figured out?

David Raynor (DRay)

TriAnthony
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @AlexW,

SUM should be used to get the total of the 1s and 0s, i.e. the count of records that match each bucketing criterion. Here's how the formula should look like:

SUM([ID], IF(MAX(DDiff([Days in START_DATE],[Days in END_DATE]))<10,1,0))

I also attached a sample dashboard below for your reference. This dashboard uses the Sample Healthcare cube, which is available by default to all dashboard designers. Note: please change the file extension from .txt to .dash before importing to your environment.

TriAnthony_0-1721149952758.png

Tri Anthony Situmorang

AlexW
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Awesome that worked, thank you!