Product Feedback Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a data model with lots of tables (more than 30). That makes the UI painfully slow, e.g. when editing relationships. I think the reason is that it’s calculating where to place them on the screen.

I’d like to request an alternative, crude interface that doesn’t slow down for lots of tables. Or make it work for lots of tables – e.g. do the positioning calculations when first opening, but not each time I resize or click on something.

5 Comments

Maybe a setting at the model level for "auto-rearrange", which is checked by default.  (The current behavior)   It would let you un-check it to turn off that feature and maintain the arrangement manually.

I see Windows Sisense had an "ElastiCube Manager". Does that handle lots of tables? Maybe something similar for Web, or as a downloadable program that can link to the Sisense server.

We ran into this issue aswell. With the help of support we fixed this by replicating the model-graphql pod (from 1 to 2) and increasing its memory.

@HamzaJ How do you do that? I might try that.

Hello @Tim ,

1. Login to Sisense server

2. Run the command

kubectl -n sisense get deployments.apps model-graphql -o yaml | grep -A2 replicas

In case you see 1 replica you need to adjust it to 2. If you already have more than 1, add 1 to that number

3. Run the command

kubectl -n sisense edit deployment model-graphql
  4. Find "spec: replicas" (see the screenshot) and update replicas number (press “i” on the keyboard to enter edit mode → edit value → ESC to exit edit mode → use “:wq!” to exit and save changes)

Solution 2: Increase memory limit in model-graphql deployment

Be sure that you know what you are doing (also make a backup). Otherwise reach out to sisense support to assist you.