Product Feedback Forum
Help us make Sisense better by posting your product feedback here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

I would like to suggest adding custom number of characters for the search bar on left panel when search is performed. For example, search will start after typing 3 letters. It would also be great if that search would be asynchronous instead of stopping everything. 

Currently search is run after 1 character and with a big number of dashboards freezes whole application, sometimes causing browser to show alert that page is unresponsive.

3 Comments

Hi Olek,

It would be great if there was an interface to do this. Below is a potential option to try - but I wouldn't recommend without testing.

You could achieve this by modifying the navver.services.navverSearchService in Sisense. You'd have to apply the change on a global level, so a plugin would be the best spot to do it.

In the main.js file you have a variable called "letterCount" which will dictate the 'start search point'. The plugin has this set to 5 (please see below).

prism.$injector.get('navver.services.navverSearchService').search = function(e) {
    let letterCount = 5
    let o = prism.$injector.get('navver.services.navverService')                
    if (this.searchDashboardsValue = String(e),
                        e.length < letterCount)
                            return this.openFolders(!0),
                            o.searchMatchedTerm = null,
                            void (o.model.searchDashboards = null);
                        o.searchMatchedTerm = e,
                        this.filterSearchModel(e)
                    }

Please see attached in plugin form - dashboardSearchPacifier.zip

Let me know how you go?

Thanks,

Daniel

RAPID BI

[email protected]

RAPID BI - Sisense Professional Services | Implementations | Custom Add-ons

Hi @Olek.

We have some stuff in the works that I think you will like. Keep your eyes open for more information! 🙂

Thank you, @rapidbisupport. It worked perfectly ❤️