Product Feedback Forum
Help us make Sisense better by posting your product feedback here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I'm editing or creating a new chart in SQL (chart being part of a bigger dashboard), I often find myself having to go in and out to change filters, or to just hardcoding values than later I have to change because inside the Edit Charts page I have no option of updating the filters.

It would be great if there was a way of updating them inside that page.

For example, imagine I'm creating a new chart page that requires a long query. I want to set it up so that it accepts certain filters. Good so far. Now imagine on the general dashboard the filter has "All dates" selected (just as an example). Then my query will take forever to run, and maybe, since I'm developing the query it would be nice for me to just select a smaller date range.

There are more complex examples where the need of this becomes more clear. Imagine my query has multiple with clauses and/or joins with extra filters, etc... and I want everything to stay consistent. 

Then, if I have to go out and edit the filter, it might take a while for the dashboard to get all the data.

For me, the ideal scenario would be to have a filter (e.g same as the dashboard where a chart is embedded on, or just based on the [name=value] attributes in the query) that is displayed in the edit area itself, so that I can select my parameters easily without having to hardcode those values only to remember to re-enable them again later, and I don't have to go in and out the chart to change the filters either.

This feature would save me a lot of time and annoyance. 

Let me know if you need more real-world examples. But I found myself annoyed by this more than once.

I think you have a great product, but it can be even better.