Product Feedback Forum
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hi,

Currently in the filters, we are unable to directly filter a comma separated list of entries. The options available are individually selecting the members, however that can get tedious if the list of entries we need to filter are large. For example, filter more than 100 entries.

The other option is using the custom option in the filter. However, that too requires JAQL code which might be difficult for non technical users. 

It can be useful to have the option to directly copy paste a comma separated list of entries in the filters instead of multiselecting or using the custom JAQL option.

4 Comments
Status changed to: Needs Votes & Comments

Hello @ccoelho,

Thank you for your Idea. We appreciate you being an active member of the Community!

I would be happy to bring this to the Product team, but first I would like to get some more information and head off any roadblocks to implementation.

1. Sisense filters only display values that are actively present in the visualization. How should Sisense handle it if there are values in the .csv that are not present in the Widget or Dashboard?
  2. How often do you think this functionality would be needed? If it's infrequent it might be easier to create a separate Widget for the individuals that need that much filtering. That way they can just use that widget rather than messing with the filters each time.
  3. There a several Plugins that offer enhanced Filters. Have you looked at any of them? If so, do any of them provide a similar experience to what you are looking for that we can use as a reference?

Thank you for working with me to get this Idea fleshed out so it can be evaluated and scoped for effort.

Have a great day!

I think he is suggesting not that we upload a CSV, but rather just enable pasting in a list of entries into the 2nd radio button option, and then it could mass-select what you pasted. 

dougnewton_0-1713817365164.png

Hi @dougnewton.

Thank you for your participation! I am still not sure how we should handle instances where values in the pasted content don't match the values available in the visualization.

One current work-around would be to export the Widget as a .CSV, and then filter that in the spreadsheet software of choice. 

Maybe just ignore it.  So if my list of available values are integers 1-10, and I paste in a string that looks like:

1, 5, 8, 24, 31

It would just ignore the 24 and 31, because there's nothing there to select that matches.