Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about locking filters when embedding a Sisense board

musta
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hello,

I am reaching out to seek assistance from the community regarding a question about filters while embedding a Sisense board. I'm currently working on a platform where we embed various Sisense boards for our clients. I have explored different embedding systems and even experimented with combinations of them. My goal is to enable board embedding with customized filters. Specifically, I want to lock certain filters to restrict access while allowing access to others, all within the same board and through code.

To help you grasp the concept more easily, let me provide a hypothetical example. Let's say we have a embedded board displaying results from a satisfaction survey for trainers, with two filters: "Trainers" and "Period". In the "Trainers" filter, we filter the results based on the trainer's email, which we retrieve from a database. Next, we would like to lock that filter, so it is no longer accessible and the user is not able to filter and view the results of another trainer, without locking the "Period" filter. All of this should be achieved within the same board.

I have extensively reviewed the available documentation but couldn't find any instructions on how to accomplish this filter locking within a single board. The documentation only covers how to lock all filters when creating the token in the payload section.

I sincerely appreciate your attention to this matter and eagerly await your response. Any assistance or guidance from the community would be highly valuable.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Helena_qbeeq
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi @musta ,

It looks to me like you are trying to restrict access to data based on who is accessing it. It would make more sense to use data security to achieve this requirement.

Have you looked at that option?

You can check documentation here: https://docs.sisense.com/main/SisenseLinux/data-access-security.htm

Please let me know if this helps : )

Always here to help,
Helena from QBeeQ
[email protected]
QBeeQ - Gold Implementation and Development Partner