cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Manager - Custom Templates

mirzay
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

The premium Report Manager plug-in has very limited documentation on using Templates. There is a "out-of-the-box look and feel feature" mentioned.
Q1) Is this the API Report Manager Template?

Q2) Report Manager allows multiple templates to be created. A default template is assigned in the settings. There is no mention of choosing any of the other templates when sharing. How can we accomplish this?

Q3) Sending reports to non-sisense users, this was picked from the manual: "...the dashboard to export
should be shared with the non-Sisense user configured in the Configuration Manager page.".  Does this mean every non-sisense user needs to be identified in the configuration? This takes away the flexibility from designers to take ownership to share with non-sisense users.

2 REPLIES 2

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @mirzay 

We are using the RM aswell (v 1.7.1)

Q1: I cant recall if there was an out of the box template, however they mention the following that you can add as a template:

[
{
"name": "template 1",
"content": "<html><h2>Hello <%= recipient %>!</h2><% if (links &&
links.length > 0) {%><h3>Also, you received a link(s):
</h3><%for (var i = 0; i < links.length; i++) { %><h3><%= links[i]
%></h3><% }%><% }%></html>"
}
]

Q2: As far as I know this is not possible. Yes you can add multiple templates, however you can only chose 1 that will be used. There is also no templateID stored per report. So this can also not be done with an API-call.

Q3: Reports to non-sisense users can be done in 2 ways:

1. You configure a default user. This user will used to generate the reports send to non-sisense users. Dashboards need to be shared with this user and this user's data security will be applied.

2. Enable the toggle useReportOwnerForNonSisenseUser . Now the owner of the report will be used to generate the report instead of a default user. This is usefull in case of data security etc.

mwoods
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

I would also like to know about customizing the report manager template. The out of the box template isn't going to cut it for our clients. Is there a way to include the filters in the body of the email?

[
{
"name": "template 1",
"content": "<html><h2>Hello <%= recipient %>!</h2><% if (links &&
links.length > 0) {%><h3>Also, you received a link(s):
</h3><%for (var i = 0; i < links.length; i++) { %><h3><%= links[i]
%></h3><% }%><% }%></html>"
}
]