Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Let viewers remove their starred filters

ScheurK
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi all,

Through the REST API it's possible to give viewers access to starred filters and also let's them create those filters themselves. However, they do not have the option to overwrite/remove those starred filters.

Is this possible? Or could this become a feature?

Kind regards!

9 REPLIES 9

Ophir_Buchman
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @ScheurK,

Can you please provide the RESTAPI Endpoints you refer to?

This Is just for better context

Thanks,

Ophir

I used the 0.9 API, where I used:

POSTโ€‹/rolesโ€‹/{idOrName}โ€‹/manifestโ€‹/{path}

Updates a user role manifest by role ID or name.

In there I set "use_starred" under dashboard/filters for viewers to true. This lets them create starred filters, however they cannot remove or rename them.

Hi @ScheurK,

As of today - We don't have an interface to edit starred formulas - But just delete and create them

To create - Use the POST command to the /api/metadata endpoint

To delete - Use the DELETE command to the /api/metadata/{id} endpoint

As this is an internal endpoint, I'd suggest using the "Developer Mode" of your browser ("Network" tab) and creating/deleting a starred formula

Ophir

Hi @Ophir_Buchman,

No this isn't quite what I meant. What I'm trying to achieve is that once I give viewers the right to create and/or use starred filters. I would also want them to have the right to delete their starred filters. Right now, every time they want to change their starred filter, they have to create a new one and can't delete the old one. 

In other words, I simply want them to have the red 'X' on the right (see attachment). Is it possible to give viewers the right to do this?

PS: Happy new year btw

Hi @ScheurK ,

To start off, please visit this page to learn more about how to change the default Sisense role permissions. I'm not sure you'll find everything you need there, but it's worth the shot.

"Formula Management" is a feature in our roadmap - The current "Starred Formulas" are a nice solution for reusing formulas - However, have many cons (which we are aware of).

I'd encourage you to post the idea in the UserVoice portal to make sure your specific use case is covered under the future solution.

Ophir

Hi @Ophir_Buchman,

I submitted my suggestions in the UserVoice portal. However, I can only see the sub-category 'Customization'. My suggestion has been posted in 'Dashboarding'. Could you help me gat access to the other categories? 

See screenshots for further clarifaction.

Thanks,

ScheurK

Ophir_Buchman
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

HืŸ @ScheurK,

I'd actually place it in the "APIs & SDKs (Moti)" section.
Are you able to access the following URL?

Ophir

Hi @Ophir_Buchman,

No, I can only access Customization.

ScheurK

@ScheurK - Please DM me and I'll open the request on your behalf

Thanks,
Ophir