Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saving Views Based On Different Set Of Dashboard Filters in Viewer Mode

Navneet
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi Team,

Please assist with the below use case:

Use Case: End-user wants to save multiple views once user apply a set of dashboard filters, for example there is a category filter added in the dashboard which has multiple drop-down values as a,b,c,d,e & f.

For starters, the user filtered the category field for -> a,b (User want to save this view)

now, the user filtered the category field for -> b,c ( Same User want to save this as an another view)

now, the user filtered the category field for -> d,e (Same User want to save this as an another view as well)

Can we have a solution without using any plugins for this where same user can save these views  at end user so that dashboard designers do not need to create multiple views based on these different set of filters and at the same time end user do not need to filter down again and again to see the required views as per the user's choice of filters which might vary from one end user to another.

Regards,
Navneet

1 REPLY 1

Ophir_Buchman
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @Navneet 

Sisense stores the user's last filter settings per dashboard for their convenience. From what I read, I understand that your viewers might have specific "views" they are used to which require them to set multiple filters to achieve.

As Sisense has no "Views" functionality OOTB, I can recommend the following:

1. Assess your dashboards to see if they aren't too general (i.e., a "One Stop Shop"). Maybe they can be broken down into a few more specific ones (and then maybe contain more relevant widgets to assess more specific KPIs)
  2. If the "Views" are predefined - This can be resolved in the data model by creating a key table with the "View's Name" and the relevant filter values (connected to relevant Dims)
  3. The last option is using the WAT functionality and embedding the relevant filters in the WAT key (creating multiple URLs per user - Each with different filters) - However, this does require some technical work.

Let me know if you have further questions