cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scheduled Build Not Building Table Changes

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

I have a scheduled build for my Elasticube each morning. The build behavior setting is set to "Replace All" on every table. When I make a change to a table the changes are not being built, new data is being imported but my new columns or where clause changes are not being applied. Also the table still has the triangle play button at the top left of the circle signaling that changes have been made. 

If I manually build with Replace All or Changes Only then the changes will be applied but I would like for the changes to be made each night when the Elasticube is pulling new data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @zach_myt,

Thank you for your feedback. The reason why we require a manual build when changes are made is because the user needs to confirm that the changes won't cause issues. If the scheduled build goes off, typically during off-peak hours, any issues may not be noticed until the next day when people start using their visualizations, or scheduled reports go out and executives are the first ones to notice that things aren't right.

The Replace All and Changes Only settings refer to changes in the data source, not changes to the Sisense Data Model. https://docs.sisense.com/main/SisenseLinux/elasticube-build-settings.htm

I hope that helps clarify things. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

David Raynor (DRay)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @zach_myt,

Thank you for your feedback. The reason why we require a manual build when changes are made is because the user needs to confirm that the changes won't cause issues. If the scheduled build goes off, typically during off-peak hours, any issues may not be noticed until the next day when people start using their visualizations, or scheduled reports go out and executives are the first ones to notice that things aren't right.

The Replace All and Changes Only settings refer to changes in the data source, not changes to the Sisense Data Model. https://docs.sisense.com/main/SisenseLinux/elasticube-build-settings.htm

I hope that helps clarify things. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

David Raynor (DRay)

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

That makes sense I just thought I had a setting turned off somewhere. I don't want the builds to affect our embedded dashboards during the day so I suppose I will have to continue to manually build them at night. 

Krishna810
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

hii ,

you want check first  these things ;

check build logs

2. verify data source connection

3. table configuration

4 .refresh option

I hope these may help you . 

thanks

mulesoft platform architect