cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the one thing you do to get the best insights from your data and tell stories using Sisense?

swash
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

2 REPLIES 2

shannon
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I try to always present a point of reference and explanations. For example, if I have a chart that displays percent growth year over year, I'll also include the scope of the growth (whether that +15% means +200 or +2,000,000). Below that, I'll list out the major contributing variables and a more detailed analysis by line of business so that the user can easily see what is driving that growth without having to navigate to another view.

ronenavidor
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi there,

Just as with any good story, a data tale has to have a beginning, a middle, and an end. It needs to be presented clearly and in a way that it would be easy for any business to understand what he is looking at in order to make intelligent decisions.

Relevancy

The content and visuals would need to be relevant to the intent audience. Think about the question that you will want to answer for your audience (nice thing about Sisense, is you will not have to worry about what you audience will ask as Sisense automatically aggregates/drills based on userโ€™s selection)

It is all about the data

Make sure that you bring all the relevant data in order to create a truthful story and give your audience the honest facts in order to make better decisions. Sisense Notebook, Data or Custom Code capabilities will allow your data engineers or dbaโ€™s to create any ETL process in order to make sure that the data is relevant and suited to the specific story.

Clear narrative

In order to present a good data story, you will need an introductory dashboard (or a landing dashboard) to present the topic before you dive into the data. This can be easily done using Sisense Blox/Indicators and the use of Sisense Narrative. You cannot expect your audience to understand your dashboard at first. This is why using Sisense Narrative is important, and will present the theme of the dashboard in plain text. 

Visuals

The visual will need to guide the audience to easily understand what the data mean, label properly, use color to highlight important data, and allow the users to drill into the data for more insights (i.e. use of Sisense Jumpto Dashboards).