Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Dictionary

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hello,

My users and designers were looking for an easy way to get insights into how certain dashboards and its widgets were build in terms of formulas and filters. 

For this I have written a python script that takes a list of dashboard IDs and converts them to an Excel with 2 worksheets. The first worksheet shows all widgets, while the second shows all dashboard filters.

Attached you will find a python-script + a CSV (with dashboardIDs).

1. Replace the dashboardIDs with the IDs of the dashboards that you want to have exported
  2. Open the python script in your favorite IDE and replace the following:
    1.  base_url --> with your own base url
    2. translation_dict --> i use this to translate english to dutch. Either empty it if or replace it with your own language
    3. Authorization --> Add your bearer token
  3. Run the script

The output will be an Excel-file that you can import into an elasticube and create a dashboard with. 

Ps. In my dashboard I use Paldi's Advanced Filters for easy filtering and Advanced Text Widget for easy to style texts.

HamzaJ_0-1706802058095.png

3 REPLIES 3

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @HamzaJ,

Can you be more specific regarding the data you are looking for? 

David Raynor (DRay)

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @DRay ,

What do you mean? I created a tool that exports dashboards and its metadata to Excel for an easy overview of all used fields and filters within dashboards and widgets. 

Hamza

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Ah, my mistake. I thought you were looking for help with something. My bad. Thank you for contributing to the community!

David Raynor (DRay)