cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pivot Table widget - column headers and column data out of alignment

Amy
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

I am seeing odd behavior in a pivot table widget.  This is a widget that has been in production for some time, and it gets updated once a week with a new batch of data.  This week, for the first time, the column headers are out of alignment with the data columns.  

When I filter the data, the issue disappears in most cases, so I think it must be caused by something weird in the new batch of data (maybe an unexpected or invisible character, or a new combination of the dimensions), but I haven't been able to pinpoint any bad data yet.  

Even if it is a problem with the data, the behavior in Sisense seems strange so I thought I would post a question here, in case anyone has encountered a similar issue.  Attached is a screen shot.  The widget on top is a pared down version of the widget in production that demonstrates the issue.  The two widgets on the bottom show that the issue is resolved with some tweaks to the dimensions/rows.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-03-25 120856.png

2 REPLIES 2

hlorosc
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

@Amy  I've run in to this a few times. Sometimes just resizing (and then sizing back), refreshing, or republishing fixes it for more. If not, I've gone in to edit the widget and usually just delete/re-add the column. Don't have a reason for it, but in all my cases it's been temporary.

Amy
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

@hlorosc - thanks so much for the response.  I did try some resizing and deleting/adding columns when the issue first appeared.  I also tried deleting and rebuilding the filters, wondering if the set of dependent filters was somehow causing the problem.  None of those things resolved it.    I ran through those things one more time just now - still no luck.

The issue disappears when I filter on a different time period (Week Ending = 3/16/22 instead of Week Ending = 3/23/22, for instance.)  That makes me think it has something to do with the underlying data, something that Sisense is handling in a weird way.  I'll keep hunting.

Thanks very much for the suggestion though.  Much appreciated.