Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GROWTH functions for indicators

joshcainglet
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi,

I'm computing for change in metrics from period to period. For example, what's the pct change in sales from 2022 to 2023.

Question 1: If data is only available until March 23 2023, will Growth functions compare 2023 data with 2022 data only until March 23 2022?

Question 2: It's not calculating properly when I use GROWTHPASTYEAR in a custom indicator widget (using BloX). Computation is accurate only when I add the date dimension to the items panel and if I set "showCarousel" to true. But I don't want to show the carousel. What can I do?

1 REPLY 1

vshen
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi there!

1. I assume this question is about the Growth() function.
This depends on the way you create your widget and set the date dimension. For example, if the date dimension on the widget is Year then the data from year 2023 (so, from the 1st of Jan 2023 to the 23rd of March 2023 in this case) will be compared to the whole data from 2022.

If the date dimension is set to month, then April 2023 won't have data to compare, March 2023 will be compared to February 2023; Feb 2023 to Jan 2023; Jan 2023 to Dec 2022, etc.

2. Could you please provide an example of the results you get and the results you expect to get?

It's important to remember that GROWTHPASTYEAR will calculate the growth from the previous year for the time resolution defined in the widget. So, for example, if the time resolution is set to Month, the GROWTHPASTYEAR will compare March 2023 to March 2022; if it is set to Day, then it will compare the 23rd of March 2023 to the 23rd of March 2022, etc.

Best Regards,
Volodymyr

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]