cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Growth and DiffPastPeriod function with weeks does not work

vitawin
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

The Growth and DiffPastPeriod function with weeks does not work for us in Sisense. Works with day, month, quarter and year.
+ Why do these functions count strangely if you select more than one day, month, quarter, year? For example: if I selected March+April, then the formula will compare with February+March, not January+February. If I choose 2 months, then I'm interested in comparison with the previous two months, and not just in comparison with the date moved by 1 month.

1 REPLY 1

GuyRaz
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi,

Few comments:

1. The Analytical Engine will show much better and expected behavior when analyzing Growth and DiffPastPeriod use cases - Sisense MS customers can join Beta from L22.5
  2. The combination of Weeks + Past period functions (for ex: pastyear) is not a trivial one - not all years contain the same number of weeks making it hard to support all use cases - but Sisense do aim to resolve them all (by EOY)
  3. The date range is not supported in Growth/Past Period Functions - for example, Growth(February+March) = Growth (February) + Growth(March) - Sisense does not calculate the growth from the beginning of February to the end of March, it calculates each month Growth separately and sums the results.
Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]