cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Growth and DiffPastPeriod function with weeks does not work

vitawin
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

The Growth and DiffPastPeriod function with weeks does not work for us in Sisense. Works with day, month, quarter and year.
+ Why do these functions count strangely if you select more than one day, month, quarter, year? For example: if I selected March+April, then the formula will compare with February+March, not January+February. If I choose 2 months, then I'm interested in comparison with the previous two months, and not just in comparison with the date moved by 1 month.

1 REPLY 1

GuyRaz
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi,

Few comments:

1. The Analytical Engine will show much better and expected behavior when analyzing Growth and DiffPastPeriod use cases - Sisense MS customers can join Beta from L22.5
  2. The combination of Weeks + Past period functions (for ex: pastyear) is not a trivial one - not all years contain the same number of weeks making it hard to support all use cases - but Sisense do aim to resolve them all (by EOY)
  3. The date range is not supported in Growth/Past Period Functions - for example, Growth(February+March) = Growth (February) + Growth(March) - Sisense does not calculate the growth from the beginning of February to the end of March, it calculates each month Growth separately and sums the results.