Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSUM with multiple dimensions

laurya
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to create a running sum formula in a Pivot table. The formula is RSUM([Total net revenue )]).

When I have 1 dimension in the Pivot table (item number), the formula works as expected.

However, when I add more fields (item name, etc.) the running sum values are not correct. I have also tried RSUM([Total net revenue],TRUE) but this does not work. 

5 REPLIES 5

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @laurya 

I dont fully understand what you mean. Could you perhaps post a screenshot with how it is and how you would like it to be?

Hamza

laurya
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi, please see attached screenshots

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey,

I am unable to reproduce it. Could you perhaps share the formulas that you have used? I will try to mimic this on my side. 

laurya
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi, the formula is RSUM(RSUM([Total net revenue]) for both widgets. I also tried RSUM([Total net revenue],TRUE)

vshen
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi there! 

Pivot is an aggregating widget, so unless specified otherwise, the calculation is for the smallest aggregation. 

So it is expected that the RSUM([Total net revenue]) formula will only calculate a running sum for the last dimension in the Rows section of the pivot.

However, using RSUM([Total net revenue],TRUE) formula should provide you with the results you are looking for, as it accumulates the sum continuously in the case of 2 dimensions or more. I've tested it myself and got the desired results.

In case this doesn't work as expected, I suggest submitting a ticket for Support to look into this further. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Volodymyr