Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BloX widget height

Vlad
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi,

I'm new to BloX and I am currently using the transpose pivot template to create a custom table:

https://support.sisense.com/kb/en/article/transposed-pivot-table-with-blox

I have an issue that the BloX widget is always a fixed height, leaving a lot of white space below the table. I can resize it on the dashboard layout, but every time I edit it, it bounces back to the default height.

How can I set the height manually to what I want it to be, or set it to be dynamic to the table contained inside?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vlad
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I was able to solve the column display issue with the "titleStyle" block solution suggested here:

https://community.sisense.com/t5/build-analytics/blox-not-showing-all-items/td-p/1952

It seems to have fixed the height issue as well, as a bonus.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Vlad
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I have encountered and additional issue with the above BloX widget. It seems it will not show more than 10 items across the top. I need this to show 12 columns (one for each month of the year). Where can I change this setting?

ChrisS
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi Vlad, 

I reviewed the inline block code in the first TextBlock, and I don't see a setting using the console, so will check the  class details.

Chris

ChrisS
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi Vlad,

The issue of only ten transposed Blox-Slides (Columns) seems to result from the way lazy loading the next block of data gets triggered.  There isn't a control exposed for this.  You can see the trigger in the calls that applies to the overflow management:

class="scroll has-scrollbar" data-listener="{direction: 'down', percent: 75, callback: loadMore}">

This will need to be addressed by Engineering, either in the design or the trigger.

Regards,

Chris

ChrisS
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi Vlad,

Sorry for the issue with the height.  I can confirm seeing the same behavior from the template definition here.  I'm reviewing JSON code to find the issue...

Chris

ChrisS
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi Vlad,

There isn't an issue with the Blox JSON code.  The height issue arises when we transpose the inline block via script.  For some reason, editing the widget reverts the widget height to the height of the Edit Widget window.  If you were to reduce the height of the edit window to say 200px, it would save properly.  It's easier to resize it after saving as work around until it's addressed.  I'm submitting this as a problem associated with the inline-block script.  

Regards,

Chris

Vlad
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

I will continue using the resize workaround for the height for now, please can you update this thread if you get any news from engineering regarding the column limit.

Regards,

Vlad

Vlad
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I was able to solve the column display issue with the "titleStyle" block solution suggested here:

https://community.sisense.com/t5/build-analytics/blox-not-showing-all-items/td-p/1952

It seems to have fixed the height issue as well, as a bonus.

Oleksandr_K
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

@Vlad, @ChrisS , there is indeed only only up and down directives for lazy loading and it is not on the closest roadmap to change it.

We have added a new boolean property "disableLazyLoading", which enables loading all of the data at once, instead of chunks as user scrolls.  This overcomes 10 column limit, that customers are facing at the moment.

This capability is included in L2022.6. Check for the updates in the release notes.

Hi Oleksandr,

We are currently running version: Version: 20.21.6.10052 and I'm having the issue with the blox widget that it is only showing 10 columns. 

I'm assuming that the version we have doesnt include the disablelazyloading that you said fixes the 10 column limit or is there another way around this?

Hi @rvickersevotix ,

Yes,  you are correct - property 'disableLazyLoading'  is included since L2022.6 version https://documentation.sisense.com/docs/l20226-release-notes#disabling-lazy-loading-in-blox