cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting January 1st 2022, Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is no longer supported for use with Sisense and will be removed from our list of supported browsers. The end of support applies to all tools and features we provide on Linux and Windows OS releases.

If you prefer or are required to use a Microsoft browser, for the best experience with Sisense, we recommend that you use Microsoft Edge.

FAQs

Why is Sisense making this change?

Microsoft announced its plans to stop support for IE by the end of 2021 and withdraw any significant updates and security patches.

Sisense is committed to delivering the best user experience and security measures for its customers. IE11 is a legacy browser. As such, it has increasing gaps in modern browser technology support. Therefore, due to its performance and stability issues, it is not recommended.

Why am I just finding out about this now?

All Sisense customers, including CDT customers, were notified in July 2021. The communication has been transitioned into this community blog.

Is this affecting all customers?

Yes! This affects any customer who uses IE11 in either the Linux or Windows environments.

I use Sisense for Cloud Data Teams, does this apply to me too?

Yes

Should I expect any performance issues if I continue to use IE11?

We cannot speak to any performance issues, as every customer’s instance is different. However, you may begin to see changes as expected with any continued software use on an unsupported browser.If you have specific questions or concerns, please contact your Customer Success Manager. 

Do I have to move off of IE11 on January 1, 2022?

No. But all future releases of Sisense for both the Linux and Windows environments will not be validated for IE11.

If I have to use a Microsoft browser, which one should I use? 

If you prefer or are required to use a Microsoft browser, for the best experience with Sisense, we recommend that you use Microsoft Edge.

What if I have open support tickets around fixes for IE11?

All existing support tickets that have to do with IE11 will eventually be closed, and customers will be notified of the closure and reason. 

What if I have questions or concerns about this change and how it will affect my Sisense instance?

For faster response and resolution, please contact your Customer Success Manager. However, you are always able to submit a support ticket at support.sisense.com

Where can I find more information?

You can find Microsoft’s announcement here.

If you have any questions or concerns about this upcoming change please submit a support ticket at support.sisense.com.