Product Feedback Forum
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scenario: embedded Sisense

By default, when creating a new widget, Sisense puts the user into the widget "Wizard Mode", which then requires the use to click "Advanced Configuration" to view the full-feature widget editor.

We don't want our users to use "Wizard Mode" and to always be placed directly into "Advanced Configuration". This should be a configurable setting at the Admin level.

4 Comments

This is especially annoying because if no data elements are added to the wizard and the user clicks "Advanced Configuration" the window crashes.

The wizard window is very confusing for our users as they don't even realised they are in a wizard. Things just looks different from the advanced edit mode they are used to.

Furthermore, the wizard mode doesn't bring simplicity, just confusion.

This should be a configurable setting at the Admin level.

Agreed. This is consistently an annoyance - I will always immediately create a placeholder text widget just to show to 'normal' view.

I have been on screen shares with Sisense staff who have done the same thing when creating dashboards! I would go so far as to say it should automatically stop appearing off once a user has created their first few dashboards.

Status changed to: Needs Votes & Comments

Hello @bminehart ,

Thank you for sharing your idea in the Sisense Community. We value your input and think this is a great idea! 

In order to prioritize our development efforts, we want to gauge community interest. We kindly request you to encourage other users to vote and comment on your suggestion. The more engagement your request receives, the higher the likelihood it has of being considered for implementation.

We appreciate your efforts!

Best, 

Yuliya