Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to bulk change connection setting?

jirazazabal
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi,

We are investigating about the way to bulk change the connection settings. We are going to migrate to a new server, and we need to change all the connections of this provider (i.e. MSSQL) to change just the server name. I know we can go Elasticube by elasticube and change it, but I think that there should be a more intuitive way to do it. I have search the REST API, but for exape, if I get a list of all connections, I'm getting a huge large list. Also with datasets (and it's not clear how it's related with the connections). There's documentation about it (https://sisense.dev/guides/rest/datamodels.v2.html) but a dataset level, with the same largo fo datasets list trouble. 

Do you know a more intuitive way?

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2

mzarate
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hello Jirazazabal,

Yes you are correct that will be the Rest API that you should be using. 

If you use dev tools and change the server manually you will notice that we use the API: api/v2/ecm/

Yes this API is not the in the documentation unfortunately so you will need to test it and see the response because not always the outputs may be used directly as inputs.

Especially if the endpoint is not documented, You will have to try using it and, see the errors and delete the fields that doesnโ€™t accept. 
I hope this other option helps you.

mzarate
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hello Jirazazabal,

Yes you are correct that will be the Rest API that you should be using. 

If you use dev tools and change the server manually you will notice that we use the API: api/v2/ecm/

Yes this API is not the in the documentation unfortunately so you will need to test it and see the response because not always the outputs may be used directly as inputs.

Especially if the endpoint is not documented, You will have to try using it and, see the errors and delete the fields that doesnโ€™t accept. 
I hope this other option helps you.