cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to allow users to download a table with 300+ columns

kwmacd
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I have been given a SQL query that has a column for each day of the year, and about 50 rows with different business metrics. I have also been told that I need to host this query in Sisense for users to download the data. Given the restrictions on table widgets, how should I best go about serving up this data?  

Currently, I have the query stored in an Elasticube as a table query. Our Sisense subscription also includes the Report Manager add-on.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hello @kwmacd 

Is there a specific reason why your sql has a horizontally (365 columns) orientated table instead of a vertical one? The last one would make it way easier. Furthermore I think that sisense has a max on the amount of columns. I dont know if it is possible to include 365 individual fields.

I am unfamiliar with your dataset, however I would advice to make it have a vertical orientation. For example

Instead of

KPI | day 1 | day 2 | day 3 | day x

KPI #1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1

go for this

KPI #| Day

KPI # 1 | 01-01-2023

KPI # 1 | 02-01-2023

Then you can easily add those two fields and let users download it or send it via the report manager

Hamza

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hello @kwmacd 

Is there a specific reason why your sql has a horizontally (365 columns) orientated table instead of a vertical one? The last one would make it way easier. Furthermore I think that sisense has a max on the amount of columns. I dont know if it is possible to include 365 individual fields.

I am unfamiliar with your dataset, however I would advice to make it have a vertical orientation. For example

Instead of

KPI | day 1 | day 2 | day 3 | day x

KPI #1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1

go for this

KPI #| Day

KPI # 1 | 01-01-2023

KPI # 1 | 02-01-2023

Then you can easily add those two fields and let users download it or send it via the report manager

Hamza

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @kwmacd,

Did the solution offered by @HamzaJ work for you? If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so that other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)