Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pivot Widget - Maximum Number of Values

MikeGre
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hello community,

We came across this post from the old community : https://community-old.sisense.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000896608-Table-Widget-Maximum-Number-...

We have tested this on Version L2023.9.0.308 and it seems to work.

Is anyone else using this script on their Linux environment?

We would like to hear if this is working properly, as well as, hearing from Sisense if this script should be compatible in the Linux version.

5 REPLIES 5

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @MikeGre,

Thank you for your question. That script should work. You can also configure pivot tables per this documentation

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)

MikeGre
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hello @DRay 

Thanks for your prompt answer and documentation link!

My question was relevant to any implications that this script might cause to the performance of the environment, but I guess that your reply covers this.

After reading the relevant section for Configuring Pivot Table Limits, it says that : 

"Maximum number of columns to display: Limits the number of columns presented at the end of each page of the Pivot Table on the dashboard. The default number of columns is 70."

Though it says that, the number of max columns to display is 70, I still don't understand why, when we try to add 20 ["rows" or "values"]  the Add button disappears [screenshot below]

MikeGre_0-1710944797060.png

Any explanation to that?

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @MikeGre,

Can you see if this Widget script works to increase the Row limit? There is a built-in limit to try and prevent performance issues.

widget.manifest.data.panels.forEach(function(p){

p.metadata.maxitems = 25; //replace with the number you need

})

David Raynor (DRay)

MikeGre
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi @DRay ,

The question here is not to increase the Row Limit. The question is focused on the number of columns and understanding the limits and capabilities of adding more than 20 in a pivot widget.

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @MikeGre,

I apologize for not understanding your question. 

I recommend opening a support ticket to look at this behavior with you. They will be able to get on a screenshare and get a better idea of what is going on.  https://www.sisense.com/support/

David Raynor (DRay)