cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a limit of 8 widgets per row. How can I increase it.

Wojtek
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi.

Im working on new layout of dashboard. I use some small indicators , blox, textboxes etc. and just realized I cannot add widget to row where there is already  8 widgets. This seems to be maximum limit.

Is there script or server property I can use to increase this number?

I'm on Version L2022.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

If you are using Blox anyway, could you not use a Blox widget to contain (some of) your indicators and align them next to each other?

Iris

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

Hi @Wojtek ,

Looks like in one column you can add maximum of 8 widgets. If you add one more column, you will be able to add another 8 widgets in that column. So you can add up to 16 widgets in a row.

harikm007_0-1661189302138.png

-Hari

Wojtek
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

HI Hari.

In the second part of dashboard I have a widget spanning across all width so columns won't let me use full width of screen. Thank you for your suggestion anyway.

Wojtek

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

If you are using Blox anyway, could you not use a Blox widget to contain (some of) your indicators and align them next to each other?

Iris

Hi,

I actually had it like this already implemented using iframe. The problem was iframe widgets were visibly delayed when loading / refreshing in comparison with the rest of the dashboard. Hence I went back and used normal widgets. Is there any alternative to iframe to contain normal widgets inside blox? Or any way to improve iframe widgets loading time ?

Thanks,

Wojtek

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

I'm hardly an expert on Blox, but if your use-case for the indicators is simple numbers as in the above example, then just using the panel values of the formulas (for instance like in this template) would let you use as many as you want, natively without having to use iframes. If you need the bullet or speedometer formatting, I have to admit I wouldn't know how to do that either.

Iris

HI ,

Yes its a mix of different widgets: gauge and line chart so could only use iframe to fit it inside blox. 

I actually went ahead and used iframe only to group 3 widgets per line to minimize use of iframes and have maximum 8 widgets per line. still visibly delayed when loading but not so bad .

I will accept your suggestion but I think eventually I will change layout and won't have to use so many widgets in single line.

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

For line charts in the same line as indicators, you might be able to use the Sparkline blox template/code.

Good luck!

Iris

Yes, sparkline is good. I decided to use line graph though because I could add trend line ,conditional formatting and further customize it using scripts. I wish Sparkline was more customizable. But it's good suggestion, thanks.

W

Wojtek_0-1662022969482.png