cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resize width of values columns in pivot widget

BeckyCrittenden
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

An existing widget configured as a pivot with rows and values (no columns in config), is not allowing me to resize the width of the columns within the pivot table in the dashboard view. 

The resize arrows are available - I drag to make the width smaller - the table column name in the header row shortens (also an issue), while the actual width of the table column remains the same.

Further, the name in the table column heading does not reposition or re-format to wrap text based on the size I set for the column. For example, a heading containing "Actual Revenue to date" appears as "Act..." when I attempt to shrink the width of the column even though the visual width of the column does not change. 
There is no point when I'm dragging to resize that the heading text wraps. I can either fully display or show as cutoff, meanwhile there is no change in the actual width of the column within the pivot. 

This is happening in only one of my widgets. If I add more values to the pivot, their columns in the table act the same. If I duplicate the widget, the table columns act the same. 

Is there a setting perhaps in Advanced Config or the widget editor? How do I fix this so I can actually resize the columns to reduce their width while also keeping the full value heading name displayed? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @BeckyCrittenden,

Thank you for getting back to me. Let's go ahead and submit a support case so they can help us figure out what is happening. Keep me posted and definitely let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

David Raynor (DRay)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @BeckyCrittenden,

Are there any Widget or Dashboard scripts in place? 

David Raynor (DRay)

Hi DRay! I have formulas configured in widget editor. Otherwise, no, there are no scripts. 
It seems this may be a bug, and I was trying to find confirmation on any UI settings before filing a request for Sisense Support. 

I am not sure how to manage scripts in dashboards either, assuming neither is my client. This isn't the route we'd be savvy enough to pursue unless absolutely necessary and very detailed instructions on exactly what to do to resolve were provided for our references. 

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @BeckyCrittenden,

Thank you for getting back to me. Let's go ahead and submit a support case so they can help us figure out what is happening. Keep me posted and definitely let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

David Raynor (DRay)

Thank you DRay! I have filed with my team who will submit the case. I appreciate your help!

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]