cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Folder Organization - Moving Dashboards

ElementUX
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Is there a way to drag/drop or move dashboards from one folder to another?  During development, multiple folders were created different developers and I want to condense all dashboards into one nice logical file structure.  I don't see ability to drag drop to new folder feature or a right click "move to" folder like you would have say on a google drive.  If this feature isn't available, any known workarounds? 

Thx! 

3 REPLIES 3

mattmca
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I had a similar question awhile back, and the short answer is that this isn't available, but there's a workaround. Basically the creator of a folder has to be the dashboard owner in order to move the dashboard into that folder. So you have to pass ownership of each dashboard you want to move to the folder creator, and then they can pass ownership back once they've moved it. There's more details here:  https://community.sisense.com/t5/build-analytics/sharing-folder-access-across-dashboard-designers/m-...

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

@ElementUX @mattmca ,

If you have access to REST API, you can change parent folder of a dashboard and owner of a folder

• To change parent folder of dashboard:

Use the end point '/dashboards/{id}' and update the field 'parentFolder' with new folder id. (You will get folder id from the browser url when you click on a folder)

{
  "parentFolder": "3f9153abcdb123f002d2f345f"
}

harikm007_0-1653556516862.png

• To change owner of folder, use the end point '/folders/{id}'

harikm007_1-1653556621131.png

-Hari

@harikm007 ,

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize this could be done via the REST API. This will be useful in the future so we can automate some of the folder moves when needed.

- Matt

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]