cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Deleting a corrupt widget (Solution)

rklingensmith
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi All! I wanted to share a problem our team was having with "corrupt" widgets AND how we solved it.

From time to time, after a widget is deleted on our more complicated dashboards, the widget box still appears in the dashboard BUT the OID no longer exists and we are not able to move, click, or delete the box

rklingensmith_0-1646318828138.png

As you can see, that full second row has strange boxes that are not interactive. 

SOLUTION: you can remove this widgets by right-clicking the dashboard, hitting "Inspect" and removing the respective HTML code associated with the ghost widget! 

Hope this helps anyone else who has encountered this issue!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Allison_Able
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Community Members - Please see solution in the original thread post above โฌ†๏ธ 

Thank you so much for sharing this insight @rklingensmith !

To ensure others see this solution, I am going to mark this comment as a solution so the green checkmark appears on your thread. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.  

Allison Able
Senior Manager, Sisense Community
Email: [email protected]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Allison_Able
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Community Members - Please see solution in the original thread post above โฌ†๏ธ 

Thank you so much for sharing this insight @rklingensmith !

To ensure others see this solution, I am going to mark this comment as a solution so the green checkmark appears on your thread. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.  

Allison Able
Senior Manager, Sisense Community
Email: [email protected]

rklingensmith
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi All, just a quick update - the solution above is a temporary fix that is useful for a quick export of the dashboard, etc.

For permanent changes, you will need to export the dashboard and remove the corrupt elements in the code. To do this,

• Export dashboard that has the corrupted widgets and open on a code editor (I use Visual Studio Code)
  • For the dashboard on your site, right click and inspect. You can then compare the widgetids on your live dashboard vs your export.
    • The corrupted widgets will not have a widgetid in the inspection BUT will in the dashboard export
      • as you see in the attached example, the first widgetid is available in both the dashboard and the exported dashboard code (this is the "Overview" banner)
      • However, If I search for the next widgetid on the dashboard export (621911...) the id is not valid in the inspected dashboard
  • Remove the elements that contain the invalid widgetids from your exported dashboard code
  • Save/ Import dashboard back onto the Sisense platform

Hope this helps. If anyone has a simpler solution, please let the community know!

Again the solution first posted DOES work for a quick fix but is not permanent. This code-change solution is permanent

Thanks

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]