Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Pulse notification alerts

vaibhav_j
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hello!

I have Pulse notifications setup for build alerts. The default alert notification only  indicates whether a build was success or failure. In an event a scheduled build has failed, is there a way to customize the build alert notifications to include the error message from the log file indicating why a scheduled build has failed ? 

On the Pulse page, I see an option to "Edit Script". Clicking on the option opens up the Script editor with the following message (see below). However, I did not find any additional details on the developer page. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you! 

/*
Welcome to your Alert's Script.

To learn how you can access the Alert object, see the online documentation at http://developer.sisense.com/display/API2/Pulse+API
*/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank You @HamzaJ for your response. Our organization currently doesn't use Zappier for workflow integration but it is good to know that customizing the message is possible like you mentioned. Keeping the thread open for additional insights if there is a Sisense 'out-of-the-box' solution for this. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @vaibhav_j  ,

I have not tried it with a script. However with something like Zapier this is possible. Pulse could trigger a Zapier-workflow. This workflow could contain a step that calls an API-endpoint to get the error message. This can then be send to someone.

This is how we did it.

Hamza

Thank You @HamzaJ for your response. Our organization currently doesn't use Zappier for workflow integration but it is good to know that customizing the message is possible like you mentioned. Keeping the thread open for additional insights if there is a Sisense 'out-of-the-box' solution for this. Thanks again!

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]