Product Feedback Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right now, if you're making significant changes to an existing cube, the only way to verify that you haven't broken something is to actually do a build.

I'd like a Verify or Validate button, next to the Build button, that would do the initial steps of the build process and then stop.  For example, determine if the metadata in the table can actually be retrieved from the underlying data source.  Or checking datatype mismatches in existing joins.  And so on.  Just leave out the last step where you actually retrieve the full data set and then build the cube.

This would save time during the development process.

6 Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Hello @dougnewton.

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm wondering if the Sample Data toggle might work for you. When clicking on the Build button in the Data Model there should be a Sample Data toggle. If you toggle that on you can select a number of rows to build so that it's not doing an entire build.

You can find more information about it in step 3 on this page. 

Can you let me know if that works for you?

Yes, I think that should work.   Thank you.

Status changed to: Declined

Good to hear! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Have a great day!

@DRay  I think what might be helpful, is if there's some hint text (or a hover-over "i" info icon) which explains what Sample Data does.  I never really paid attention to it since I thought it did something different.   🙂

@dougnewton I agree it would be nice to have some in-product explanation. If you do need more information, you can find it here. https://docs.sisense.com/main/SisenseLinux/building-elasticubes.htm

Status changed to: Already in product