cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center Pivot2 (Linux)

Silutions
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Just migrated from Windows to Linux.  Looking for a responsive Pivot2 script with will center the widget in it's container in place of the the standard left justify.  See below for example:Capto_Capture 2021-12-27_12-21-58_PM.png

We have a script, but it requires adjusting the margin in the script and is not really great across various screen sizes.

Thanks, Jim

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

Hi @Silutions ,

Try this dashboard script. This script is adjusting the margin based on pivot container. So we don't need to adjust it manually. 

dashboard.on('widgetready', function (se, ev) {

//widgetid of pivot
	widgetid = '54cs60a78t22f4682g4555e2'

if(ev.widget.oid == widgetid)
	{
		var pivotWidth = parseFloat($('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container .multi-grid .pivot-scroller .table-grid', element).width())/2
		$('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container', element).css('margin-left', 'calc(50% - ' + pivotWidth + 'px)')
	}
});

View solution in original post

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

@Silutions 

Added a condition to check if width of pivot is greater than its container

//widgetid of pivot
	widgetid = '61cb60a88c22f3002f4929e6'

{
		var pivotWidth = parseFloat($('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container .multi-grid .pivot-scroller .table-grid', element).width())
        var containerWidth = parseFloat($('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container', element).width())

if(pivotWidth < containerWidth)
        	$('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container', element).css('margin-left', 'calc(50% - ' + (pivotWidth/2) + 'px)')
	}
});

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

@Silutions ,

Hope this dashboard script works for you:

//widgetid of pivot

if(ev.widget.oid == widgetid && $('.u-r').length == 0)
	{
		var pivotWidth = parseFloat($('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container .multi-grid .pivot-scroller .table-grid', element).width())
        var containerWidth = parseFloat($('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container', element).width())

if(pivotWidth < containerWidth && pivotWidth > 0 && containerWidth > 0)
        	$('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container', element).css('margin-left', 'calc(50% - ' + (pivotWidth/2) + 'px)')
	}
});

-Hari

14 REPLIES 14

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

Hi @Silutions ,

Try this dashboard script. This script is adjusting the margin based on pivot container. So we don't need to adjust it manually. 

//widgetid of pivot
	widgetid = '54cs60a78t22f4682g4555e2'

{
		var pivotWidth = parseFloat($('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container .multi-grid .pivot-scroller .table-grid', element).width())/2
		$('[widgetid=' + widgetid + '] pivot2 .pivot-container', element).css('margin-left', 'calc(50% - ' + pivotWidth + 'px)')
	}
});

harikim007,

Gave it a try.  Perfect!  Thank you so much.

Regards, Jim

Silutions
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Oops!  Just realized that there is an issue when the pivot is wider than the screen.  It centers rather than showing the left hand column.  See screenshot.

Capto_Capture 2021-12-28_06-32-06_PM.png

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

@Silutions 

Added a condition to check if width of pivot is greater than its container

//widgetid of pivot

{

}
});

Hari,

Script works great on the dashboard, but is causing issues on PDF export.  The pivots on the PDF are shifting to the right so far that most of them are cut off.  I know that PDF export is  no fun, but wondering if you have solution for this issue?  Even ignoring the script on export will work for us.

Thanks and regards, Jim

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

@Silutions ,

Please try this script. It will not work when exporting the dashboard to pdf.

//widgetid of pivot

{

}
});

-Hari

Hari,

Tested, but it is not working for me.  It doesn't center the pivot for me so I wasn't able to test the export.  I did change the widget oid to match my widget, but no joy.  What else could I be doing wrong?  FYI:  we are on L2022.1.

Regards, Jim

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

@Silutions ,

You added it as dashboard script, right? And are you getting any error in browser console?

I tested it on L2021.3 and its working (widget is aligned center in dashboard but not in pdf) May be latest version doesn't support this script.

-Hari

DUH!  of course I added as  widget script.  So used to doing that.  Anyway, tested and it works like a champ.

Thank you!  - Jim

Hari - when an end user exits the pivot widget expand screen the pivot often slides off to the right of the container and the user only sees approx. half of the widget.  If they refresh the browser, the script fires and the widget is centered.  Is there a different call other than dashboard.on('widgetready', function (se, ev) that would run the script when that 'edit' menu is closed as well as dashboard load so the entire widget is visible without a screen refresh?

Thanks and regards, Jim

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

@Silutions ,

Hope this dashboard script works for you:

//widgetid of pivot

{

if(pivotWidth < containerWidth && pivotWidth > 0 && containerWidth > 0)
	}
});

-Hari

Hari - looks like that did it.  Wouldn't have though of adding the additional conditions in the IF.   Thanks again.  Client is happy!  Regards, Jim

Silutions
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

harikm007 - thanks so much.  Working great!  You're the best! - Jim

oliviar
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hey @harikm007 do you have a similar script that works for Windows? I am not sure what information you need about the system we are on and what's running (or how to check for that information) but I tried this script on my dashboard and it's not working.

I have multiple widgets and text boxes on my dashboard. I just want to spruce it up and reduce some white space by centering the pivots that I have in their widget placement spaces.

Can you help?

Thanks!