cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigquery can't retrieve data but can see schema due to wrong dataset location

vatojavier
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

I can retrieve all datasets and tables from Bigquery but when trying to actually get the data (preview or executing custom sql). It happens for Live connection and Elasticube.

I use a json service account file to authenticate and withing Google Cloud logging I see that Sisense is trying to fetch the data from US which is not the location the dataset is. I don't know how to fix it.

Google cloud log: when trying to fetch data:
"Not found: Dataset PROJECT_XX:dataset_xx was not found in location US"
3 REPLIES 3

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @vatojavier,

I have been asked to have you submit a support ticket for this. They will be able to review system logs and help you get answers for this.

Please let us know what you find out.

Have a great day!

David Raynor (DRay)

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

My experiments with BQ were a while ago and I don't remember everything, but I do remember puzzling over this too.

In order to get Sisense to retrieve data from the correct BQ location, I had to specify  the location in the 'Additional Parameters' of the connection within Sisense; add there something like: location=US
(or wherever your data is located). I may also have had to set up an explicit LargeResultDataset (include the name of the dataset in the Additional Parameters in the same way as the location, separated by a semicolon)

Iris

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @vatojavier,

I wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get this resolved.

David Raynor (DRay)
Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]