cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted categories in dashboard filter

cglowe
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Core issue: Dashboard filter is showing selectable categories which have no values in the table used by the dashboard.

Example: I have a dashboard which presents data from the Charges (fact) table below.  There is no reference to the Inventory table in this dashboard in any widget or filter, confirmed by JAQL plugin.  If I perform a distinct(service_area_id) on the charges table, it will return service_area_id 1, 2, & 3.  However, the dashboard filter is showing values of 1, 2, 3, & 4.  Clearly, this must be because the Service Area table is also connected to the Inventory table, which is also connected to Charges.  A distinct(service_area_id) from the Inventory table returns 1, 2, 3 & 4.  

In my scenario, we can have charges without inventory and inventory without charges.  So my questions are:

1) is this expected behavior from Sisense, to see items in the filter that aren't in the Charges table since there is a link to the Inventory table, which does have the items.

2) should I duplicate the three dimensions (product, service area, application) to independently support both the Charges table and Inventory table?

cglowe_0-1653315136304.png

1 REPLY 1

Silutions
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Dashboard filters show all values in the dim table (Service Area) unless they are limited by data security.  

If you want to limit the filter to just the values in a specific fact table, you would need to create a Service Area dim for each of your fact tables and limit it to just the values in the fact table by creating it using an inner join to the fact table.  You could do this with a custom import query or by creating a custom table in your model to accomplish.

Hope this helps, Jim