Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Schedule "Changes only" EC build

vaibhav_j
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hello,

Is there a way to schedule a "Changes only" build in Sisense? As per the article below, it appears that there is no option to select what type of build I want to run. By default it runs a "Replace All" build at the scheduled time. I wish to run a "Changes only" build at the scheduled time. Any insights? Thanks!

https://documentation.sisense.com/w2022-3-x/docs/scheduling-builds

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @vaibhav_j 

If I am not mistaken , it takes the last build option. So if you build the EC with changes only. The scheduled build will also build Changes Only. 

Your ElastiCube โ€™s build configuration determines how the scheduled build is to be performed. For more information about how to build ElastiCube s, click Building ElastiCubes.

If this way is not prefered, you could also use the windows Taskplanner to execute EC-refreshes. You can then set what type of build should be done.

View solution in original post

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

A 'Changes Only' build only builds tables/columns that have been changed within the elasticube structure. Are you sure that's what you want?

If you want to update tables with new data without deleting old data, you can define an 'accumulate by' field in these tables and then perform a 'by table' build. 

It does appear that the last type of build that was manually started will be used for any scheduled builds, like @HamzaJ also says. We use a script using the REST API to do our own scheduling, to be called by the Windows Task  Scheduler or a Linux cron job. This lets me set a schedule for all our cubes and even set time ranges when a full or a by table build should happen.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @vaibhav_j 

If I am not mistaken , it takes the last build option. So if you build the EC with changes only. The scheduled build will also build Changes Only. 

Your ElastiCube โ€™s build configuration determines how the scheduled build is to be performed. For more information about how to build ElastiCube s, click Building ElastiCubes.

If this way is not prefered, you could also use the windows Taskplanner to execute EC-refreshes. You can then set what type of build should be done.

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

A 'Changes Only' build only builds tables/columns that have been changed within the elasticube structure. Are you sure that's what you want?

If you want to update tables with new data without deleting old data, you can define an 'accumulate by' field in these tables and then perform a 'by table' build. 

It does appear that the last type of build that was manually started will be used for any scheduled builds, like @HamzaJ also says. We use a script using the REST API to do our own scheduling, to be called by the Windows Task  Scheduler or a Linux cron job. This lets me set a schedule for all our cubes and even set time ranges when a full or a by table build should happen.

vaibhav_j
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thank you @HamzaJ and @irismaessen for your quick responses. Appreciate it!