Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MALException

LindaMadiSmoke
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi 

I need help with this error I receive after I have created a custom column and I want to use the same columns to do calculation on.

Example of the custom column:

Select
(Case When [NPS_rating_Answer_Value]>=9 then
Count([Result_ID]) Else Null END) as "Promotors"
FROM [result_answer_questions.csv]
group by [NPS_rating_Answer_Value],[NPS_rating_Answer_Value]

The calculation I am trying to do :

([Promotors]-[Detractors])/[Total_NPS_Answr_Value]

But I am getting the below error:

MALException:run_default_logic_inst_prll failed: failed to apply parallel default logic

How do you solve this error:

1 REPLY 1

tarun2790
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

I can offer some general troubleshooting steps:

1. Check Documentation: Look into the documentation or manuals for the software or system you're using. Often, error messages like this are documented with potential causes and solutions.

2. Review Configuration: Check the configuration settings related to parallel processing or default logic. Ensure that everything is configured correctly according to the requirements of your system.

3. Check Dependencies: Ensure that all necessary dependencies or libraries are installed and properly configured. Sometimes, missing or incorrect dependencies can lead to errors like this.

4. Error Logs: Look for more detailed error logs or stack traces that might provide additional information about the root cause of the issue. This can often give clues as to what specifically went wrong.

5. Debugging: If possible, try to isolate the issue by running the problematic operation in a controlled environment. Use debugging techniques to step through the code and identify where the error occurs.

6. Update or Reinstall: If you suspect that the issue might be due to a bug or a known issue, check for updates to the software or system. Alternatively, consider reinstalling the software to ensure that it's not a corrupted installation causing the problem.

7. Community or Support Forums: If you're still unable to resolve the issue, consider reaching out to the community or support forums for the software or system you're using. Others may have encountered similar issues and can offer assistance or guidance.

8. Contact Support: If you have access to technical support for the software or system, don't hesitate to reach out to them for assistance. They may have specific insights or solutions tailored to your situation. google looker tutorial

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]