cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Blox to incorporate dynamic count based on Sisense functions to TextBlock

AnnaNguyen
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

To add dynamic count Count([id]) to the widget, I just simply type {panel:Count} (screenshot 1).

fac37f7c-3c16-40cb-9a06-27b06768808e.png

For complex Sisense function (please see my screenshot 2 below) like this one: avg(DDiff([Days in effective_end_date],[Days in effective_start_date])), each record ID will have this function applied (i.e. record ID 1 with ddiff is 200, record ID 2 with ddiff is 100, record ID 3 with ddiff is -100, etc), and I want to get count of all record IDs where each of their avg(DDiff([Days in effective_end_date],[Days in effective_start_date])) IS LESS THAN 0, in that case, how do I add it to Sisense Blox textblock widget? 

Screenshot_4.png

Thanks for reviewing. Please let me know if more clarity or verbal talk is needed. 

2 REPLIES 2

soniya01
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage
  1. Data Preparation:

• Ensure that your data source is connected and contains the information you want to count.
  2. Create a Metric or Measure:

• In Sisense, create a metric or measure using Sisense functions to calculate the count dynamically. For example, if you want to count the number of orders, you might use a function like COUNT([OrderID]).
  3. Add a TextBlock:

• In your Sisense dashboard, add a TextBlock widget or element where you want to display the dynamic count.
  4. Bind TextBlock to the Metric:

• Configure the TextBlock to be dynamically linked to the metric or measure you created. This typically involves using a binding or referencing the metric directly.
  5. Refresh and Display:

• Save your changes and refresh the dashboard. The TextBlock should now display the dynamic count based on the Sisense function.

Thank you for the response, this is very helpful for me. While this helps me add Blox widget with a simple Sisense function such as counting COUNT([OrderID]), I can just simply do "text": "{panel:Count}". 

However, for complex Sisense function (please see my screenshot 2 above) like this one: avg(DDiff([Days in benefit_effective_date],[Days in birth_date])), each record ID will have this function applied (i.e. record ID 1 with ddiff is 200, record ID 2 with ddiff is 100, record ID 3 with ddiff is -100, etc), and I want to get count of all record IDs where each of their avg(DDiff([Days in benefit_effective_date],[Days in birth_date])) LESS THAN 0, in that case, how do I add it to Sisense Blox textblock widget? 

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]