Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Live models can have only one dataset"

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I clicked "Duplicate As Live". 

I got an error "Live models can have only one dataset".

I made sure I only have one dataset (see left side of picture below). So why am I getting the error?

I did refresh schema on all tables, and made sure they all point to a view instead of executing a query. 

Tim_0-1684464722627.png

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I opened the .smodel file. Looks like some tables have gone into separate datasets. But in the UI they all list under the same single data source. Is there an easy fix? Or do I have to copy/paste table-by-table within the .smodel file?

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

I am having this same issue, did you every figure something out to make it work?

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Yes: I edited the .smodel (json) file in a text editor. I found all my source tables in the json, cut+pasted their json to sit under a single dataset, and deleted the now-empty other data sources.

Be careful: it's easy to corrupt the .smodel if you make a mistake in the json. But it's also easy to avoid that risk: (a) Download a backup of your .smodel. (b) When you upload, create a new model rather than overwriting. Make sure the model builds and check that a few tables have data, maybe even run a few widgets off it. If it works, then you can commit to it.

Tip: A dedicated json editor might let you drag-and-drop the tables and delete datasets more quickly and without risk of corrupting. But I was ok just using notepad.