Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Goal Line with dropdown selection

ajque
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hello, 
I used a widget feature I found from binextlevel: https://www.binextlevel.com/post/filter-dropdown-in-widget

and our users liked it however they want to take it to the next level and have a (dynamic) goal line added to it. 

Basically, every time they choose a certain metric from the dropdown, it should show the actual value and its corresponding goal, like below sample widget:

ajque_0-1671017138161.png

The current method only selects one metric/value to show from the field of data I've set up.

The code used can be found from this link: https://www.binextlevel.com/post/filter-dropdown-in-widgetLet me know if further explanation is needed.

Appreciate any information that can help me with this challenge. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ido_QBeeQ
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hey @ajque this is an interesting use case,

I am confident you will be able to achieve it using blox with input drop downs to determine the various measures, though this will require developing the blox solution with custom snippets and then maintaining it moving forward.

QBeeQ, the leading gold Sisense development partner, has created a very powerful premium plugin, the Advanced Input Parameters which can take care of this feature out of the box easily, as well as offer many more advanced features:

1. What-If Analysis for future projects or past analysis
  2. Dynamic Histogram Buckets
  3. Range filters
  4. Slider inputs
  5. Measure Switcher
  6. Currency Switcher
  7. Dynamic Ranking Filters

Feel free to reach out for a demo and free trial,

I hope I was helpful, always here to help 🙂
Ido from QBeeQ
[email protected]
QBeeQ - Gold Implementation and Development Partner 
www.qbeeq.pl

Benji_PaldiTeam
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hello @ajque ,

So as @Ido_QBeeQ mentioned you can use Blox for this use case and I would like to give you a lead on how to start:
1. First, you will need to download the free plugin Filtered Measure as all the solutions (free or premium ) are based on the ability to use and pass parameters.
2. Create a custom table or upload an excel file to your EC with all possible goal values.
3. Set the goal values as a single selection dashboard filter.
4. Go to your widget - create the goal measure and disable the goal values as a filter, it should look like this:

Benji_0-1671073729349.png

5. Now your users will have the ability to control the goal value from the dashboard filter as seen in the attached recording:
https://vimeo.com/781333593/0542204e1a

6. If you would like to complete the user experience you can create a Blox text box filter which will appear on your dashboard:
https://support.sisense.com/kb/en/article/creating-a-filter-from-a-text-box

All the above steps should pretty much complete your solution however as Ido mentioned, using Blox may sometimes cause inconvenience in terms of maintaining and conjunction with other plugins.

Therefore I would recommend checking the marketplace as well and doing your research on which plugin can solve your use case.

All vendors provide free trials so I encourage you to compare between the plugins as well.

With the above in mind, I think that some of Paldi's plugins might be in your interest as they give a holistic user experience:

1. Input Parameters -Embed input elements in your dashboards and let your users play the “What - If” analysis to see how their parameter decisions would modify their goal numbers

2. Advanced Dim Switcher-Increase adoption by providing the flexibility of toggling between dimensions within a single widget

3. Advanced Measure Changer-Increase adoption by providing the flexibility of toggling between measurements within a single widget

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions as we're always happy to help (: 
Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]