Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards (with Shared Formula) breaking while migrating from Dev to Prod

gaurav
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi, 

The dashboards (with shared formulas) are breaking while migrating to Prod. I have added 1 metric (in form on shared formula) to the Dev dashboard, and migrated it to Prod. But the widget in which I have made the change is now throwing an error and all the other widgets in the dashboard are working fine. Refer the screenshot below - 

gaurav_0-1705931272798.png

EC - same in both Prod & Dev
Dashboard ID - migrating the same ID dashboards
Sisense Version - its different for Prod (2023.9.0) & Dev (2023.11.0)

All of our dashboards are now using shared formula and we are currently doing the changes manually in Prod (which we already did in Dev). Can you please look into this and provide a solution? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @gaurav ,

Welcome to the Sisense Community!

I need additional information so I can get a better understanding of what is happening here.

1. Was this Widget working before and now it's not?
  2. Are other Widgets in Prod using the new metric and working?

You may want to try building the EC and see if that fixes the Widget. 

David Raynor (DRay)

gaurav
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

@DRay  reaching out to know if you have any solution to this. Its hampering a lot of dashboard development process.

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @gaurav 

Thank you for following up. I have reached out internally to provide more assistance for you.

David Raynor (DRay)

gaurav
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi @DRay , 

Thanks for the response. Few clarifications - 

• We have added 100+ shared formula in EC. And its there for Prod as well as Dev EC. And the EC ID is same. 
    • These shared formulas are getting used in 1 or more dashboards and are working fine in both Prod & Dev
  • Updating the Widget / Dashboard (in Dev) - Now, if I am adding an existing shared formula in the widget then it is working fine for Dev. 
  • Migrating the updated dashboard (in Prod) - While migrating this change to Prod, the updated widget in the dashboard is breaking (even though the shared formula exist in Prod EC as well). 

To your points - 

1. Yes, the widget was working before and not its not in Prod (after migration)
  2. Widgets in Prod & Dev are using the existing shared formulas. No new shared formula is getting used here. So technically no change is required for EC. 
    1. And EC gets refreshed every 4 hours, so that is also not fixing the widget issue. 

Hope I was able to give the context. Looking forward for the solution. 

Thanks!

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @gaurav,

I have been advised by the support team to have you create a support ticket so that they can gather any additional information they need and continue to help you. You can open a ticket by either emailing [email protected], or following the steps here. https://community.sisense.com/t5/knowledge/signing-in-to-sisense-support-portal/ta-p/9564

David Raynor (DRay)