cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widget Custom Grouping

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

I have a pie chart of IP address that is counting logins. I would like to group the IP address that are similar into one group. So if  the IP starts with 172.168.243.xxx then that would be group 1 then 174.166.222.xxx would be group 2. 

I can do this using MySQL statements but I would like to do this in the widget if possible so the elasticube doesn't need to change/build and someone building a dashboard or widget can have the ability to build these.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @zach_myt ,

I will give you an example based on the Sisense sample cube called Sample Healthcare.

There is a field named RoomID in a table called Admissions. This RoomID ranges from 1 till 60. I want to group those RoomIDs into 3 groups of 20. 1-20 , 21-40, 41-60. Afterwards I want to show those in a piechart;

The basis:

HamzaJ_0-1705615289494.png

What I will do now, is create 3 Measures (remove the Room_id from categories) and filter those measures to create the needed groups. 

I created 3 measures, each filtered differently:

HamzaJ_1-1705615393815.pngHamzaJ_2-1705615406894.png

After doing this, I can rename those measures by double clicking on it or using the 3 dots to rename:

HamzaJ_3-1705615472384.png

If I am not mistaken, this is what you are looking for? Correct?

Hamza

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @zach_myt ,

This is possible with measure filters. 

- Create a pie chart

- Add a measure looking something like this:  (count(<A field>), IP) . Click on IP and filter on the selected ip or set a text-filter. The measure will then only count the fields with that IP . 

- Duplicate this measure and change the IP-filter. Rinse and repeat. 

Only downside is that you cannot add categories. If you want that you need to add that to the formula (essentially increasing the number of measures)

Hamza

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hi @HamzaJ, thanks for replying but I'm not sure I follow. I have filtered measures enabled. I can also filter but it is on (DUPCOUNT([IP]),[IP]). Currently when I add the filter I am filtering on the count of IP addresses rather than what the IP starts with, such as 174.166.222.xxx.

I also am unable to rename the groups to anything meaningful, it is a list of IP address. I have attached a pie chart of what I am looking to do with 3 groups, there would then only be 3 categories in the legend of the chart to match the 3 groups in the pie chart.

Let me know what you think.

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @zach_myt ,

I will give you an example based on the Sisense sample cube called Sample Healthcare.

There is a field named RoomID in a table called Admissions. This RoomID ranges from 1 till 60. I want to group those RoomIDs into 3 groups of 20. 1-20 , 21-40, 41-60. Afterwards I want to show those in a piechart;

The basis:

HamzaJ_0-1705615289494.png

What I will do now, is create 3 Measures (remove the Room_id from categories) and filter those measures to create the needed groups. 

I created 3 measures, each filtered differently:

HamzaJ_1-1705615393815.pngHamzaJ_2-1705615406894.png

After doing this, I can rename those measures by double clicking on it or using the 3 dots to rename:

HamzaJ_3-1705615472384.png

If I am not mistaken, this is what you are looking for? Correct?

Hamza

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

This is perfect! Thanks for the help and thorough explanation.