cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login Sisense with admin ID after onboarded to Azure?

genkiseow
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

During the installation and minimal 2 IDs will be created under Administrator group. However, after onboarded to Azure and Admin has no way to login using the 2 IDs since these 2 IDs are not exist in Azure. Any dedicated login page available in Sisense to enable Admin login?

7 REPLIES 7

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @genkiseow ,

You can login directly into Sisense with the following url: https://<sisense_url>/app/account#/login

You do need to know the password of the account

Hamza

genkiseow
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi @HamzaJ 

Once the user successfully login into Sisense with Azure AD for 1st time. They will allow to access Sisense seamlessly onwards. How to enable the same user be able to land the login page and login with other credential?

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey,

It all depends on your configuration. If you allowed for SSO to create users in Sisense automatically, then the user will already be created after the first login. 

If you did not configure this ór if the user has not logged in yet, you can create the user yourself in Sisense as long as the emailaddres is the same. 

After the user is created , the admin can set a password for that user. This password is only valid for when users directly login to Sisense. When using SSO, those credentials will stay unchanged (so in azure nothing changes). 

The emailaddress plus the set password can then be used to login to Sisense via the URL I gave

Hamza

genkiseow
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Thanks for favorable input earlier. 

Give me an opportunity to elaborate the problem statement in more details. Before onboarded to Azure AD, the user access to the URL you are given earlier and they access via their own individual ID and password where maintained in Sisense. After all, we enhanced the Sisense integrated to Azure AD. User having better experience to access Sisense via SSO with their own domain ID. User may not require re-login again from Sisense login page. 

In another mean, whenever user access Sisense URL, https://<sisense_url>/app/account#/login and system will redirect the page to Sisense Homepage to
https://<sisense_url>/app/main/home provided user had been authenticate from Azure AD.

Now, administrator may have issue right now to login with system admin IDs where the admin IDs is not exist in Azure AD. How to enable the same user login with dual ID?

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

I dont know if I understand you correctly, but you are saying that

• there is an admin-user
  • the user exists in Sisense
  • the user does not exist in AD

And the question is; you want the user to use SSO to log in?

That will not be possible. A user needs to exist in both applications to use SSO. But perhaps I did not understand you fully and you could ask this question to Sisense Support

genkiseow
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

To be more specific.

• there is an admin-user
  • the user exists in Sisense, which refer to admin user
  • the user does not exist in AD, which refer to admin user

Currently this user holding 2 IDs. 1 admin and 1 viewer. After he login via SSO as viewer and he is not able to login Sisense via admin ID.  

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Ok. It is clear.

That is not possible. Within a single browser instance, you can only be logged in as one user not as multiple. You could give the AD-user admin rights. If that is not preferable, the user can use a different browser or incognito-mode to login as the admin-user in Sisense