Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discard All Uncommitted Changes in a Project via. REST API

fxs7576
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi SiSense Community,

From the REST API document, I see that there is an endpoint to discard uncommitted changes by specifying their file paths.

fxs7576_0-1717176195514.png

Is there any endpoint that can discard all uncommitted changes to a project without specifying their file paths? Finding the file path relative to the root of the repository can be challenging, and changes in the dashboard or datamodel can happen at any point. At one point, I had changes on 20+ files that I want to discard. Thus it will be easier if we can skip specifying the file path.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

taras
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @fxs7576,

While the wildcard usage is not supported and All changes can not be discarded or committed with the help of the API endpoint without specifying the list of files, as of now, we plan to improve the functionality of the GET /projects/{projectId}/status to return the list of modified files in the project. This should make the functionality easier to use with API and automated CI/CD.

So stay tuned and look for the updates in our release notes.

Best,

Taras

Taras Skvarko
Technical Consultant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @fxs7576,

There currently is no way to do this. Can you please post this in our Product Feedback Forum? That will allow us to track it and allow other Sisense customers to add their votes and comments.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)

taras
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @fxs7576,

While the wildcard usage is not supported and All changes can not be discarded or committed with the help of the API endpoint without specifying the list of files, as of now, we plan to improve the functionality of the GET /projects/{projectId}/status to return the list of modified files in the project. This should make the functionality easier to use with API and automated CI/CD.

So stay tuned and look for the updates in our release notes.

Best,

Taras

Taras Skvarko
Technical Consultant