Product Feedback Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Please note this idea was migrated to the Product Feedback Forum from older submission areas**

For example, we have a system event type that indicates that a restaurant has modified their online ordering hours. Our clients use the indicator for that event type and set it to alert when it gets above 0, as stores aren’t supposed to modify their online ordering hours without owner consent.

The problem is that the owner has several stores. They receive an alert when the first store changes their online ordering hours (# of events > 0), but not when a second store does it. The alert is sent at 1 but not 2.

The workaround for now is to configure multiple Pulse Alerts, one per store, but that’s only feasible when there aren’t many stores. We have a franchise with over 300 stores! Also, if a store then changes their online hours back, the owner isn’t informed of that either.

Can you please add a feature request for an option on the Pulse Alerts to notify on any increase to the value once it’s exceeded the threshold, so the user would receive an alert at 1 and additional alerts at 2, 3, etc.?

This would have to be optional and off by default, as you wouldn’t want that to be activated for something that tracked a value that increases often, but the core use case here is for exceptional activity tracking, so the values should rarely increase.

4 Comments
Status changed to: Needs Votes & Comments

Thank you for sharing your idea in the Sisense Community. We value your input and think this is a great idea! 

In order to prioritize our development efforts, we want to gauge community interest. We kindly request you to encourage other users to vote and comment on your suggestion. The more engagement your request receives, the higher likelihood it has of being considered for implementation.

We appreciate your efforts!

Hey,

I'm all for this idea, and for more pulse alert customisations in general, though I thought I'd share a workaround I've found very useful which may work in this case.

I had a similar issue as you before. I wanted to send alerts when data entered the dashboard that met certain criteria. The way I got around it was by changing calculation the pulse is monitoring.

Instead of '# of events', change your indicator to be '# of events within the last refresh interval'. In other words, the indicator is now asking "have there been any new events since the last time?" To do this:

1. Set your Elasticube to refresh at some regular interval (e.g. hourly).
  2. Build a new field which compares the event time to the current time, and if it's within the interval (e.g. within an hour) set as 1, else set as 0.
  3. Change your value calculation to only include rows flagged as 1.

And we're done. The pulse's value will be > 0 whenever new data came in last. Be sure to untick 'Notify only once after a condition is met' under the pulse's additional options to ensure consecutive alerts are sent.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the feedback on this area. It is vital for us!

I suggest exploring the "Notify only once after a condition is met" option, which is in the additional options settings.  Here is the link to the documentation Pulse: Configuring Additional Alert Options. 

We will work with the team on improving the UI and making it easily accessible, as well as intuitively clear.

Regards

Status changed to: Delivered