Product Feedback Forum
Help us make Sisense better by posting your product feedback here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our customers want to use the same data field twice within a filter. For example, within the field primary impression we want to include "seizure" and exclude the value "pyschiatric/behavioral problem". Is this kind of functionality on the roadmap, or can we have it added?

5 Comments
Status changed to: Needs Votes & Comments

Hi @bminehart.

Thank you for sharing your idea and providing details.

We encourage people to continue to vote and comment. We use community interest as one of the ways we prioritize efforts, so every vote and comment can help turn a request into a reality.

In the meantime, take a look at the Sisense Marketplace, there may be a solution there from one of our partners. https://www.sisense.com/marketplace/?categories=all&type=addons&publisher=all&cost=all&sort=A-Z&sear...

Thank you again for sharing and being part of our community!

Hi @bminehart,

you could do a custom filter like this:

{
  "explicit": false,
  "multiSelection": true,
  "members": [
    "Belgium"
  ],
  "exclude": {
    "members": [
      "Austria"
    ]
  }
}

which would do this:

rapidbisupport_0-1723167550853.png

I guess the thing here is that if we're selecting Belgium, then Austria is already excluded so i'm confused about your use case.

Let me know how you go?

Thanks,

Daniel

RAPID BI

[email protected]

RAPID BI - Sisense Professional Services | Implementations | Custom Add-ons

You can sort-of do this if one of the filter selections can be set as a Background filter, but then it can't be changed by the end-user.  So you could always exclude "behavioral problem" but then allow the end-user to decide which other categories to include at view-time.  Would that work?

Unfortunately, no. This is a regulatory compliance report so the inclusionary and exclusionary criteria are standard. Our customers who we display this dashboard to would want it the way the regulatory agency has specified and not do any amendments. Thank you for replying. 

Hello @rstemerman.

Thank you for following up. Do you happen to have the regulatory guidelines available so our product team can reference them?