cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kreycraft
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

How to List Dashboards and Data Models a User Has Access To

As a Sisense administrator sometimes you want a quick way to get the list of data models and dashboards a user can access. There is no direct way to do this through the user interface and through the API it requires multiple calls.  

Included with this article are 2 scripts that each make multiple API calls and return the list of either dashboard (userdashboardlist.py) or data models (userdatamodellist.py) based on the user that contains the passed parameter.

To have these scripts work with your Sisense environment, edit each file and replace the “<replaceurl>” with your Sisense URL (i.e. https://companyname.sisense.com) and “<replacetoken>” with an administrator user’s API token (User Profile Settings).  

From userdashboardlist.txt (to be renamed to .py)

kreycraft_0-1709833800339.png

From userdatamodellist.txt (to be renamed to .py)

kreycraft_1-1709833800274.png

Sample output

List of accessible dashboards for users who have “fr” in their name and then for users who have “coke” in their name:

kreycraft_0-1710880537932.png

List of accessible data models for users who have “fr” in their name and then for users who have “coke” in their name:

kreycraft_1-1710880728210.png

Comments
bamo
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I read it.  its really helpful for us

kreycraft
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

I updated the scripts based on some feedback that not all data models and dashboards would be returned with the original versions.  It also now lists out the results by individual user found that contain the parameter in the user name.  

Version history
Last update:
‎03-19-2024 01:41 PM
Updated by:
Contributors
Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]