cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
intapiuser
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Version: 1.0.0
Created Oct-23-2019 by Steve Lewis (thanks to code re-used from Elliott Herz's Custom Bar/Column chart plugin)
Current Version: V1.0.0
Tested on Sisense Version: V8.0.1.10112

Description:
Sisense allows a certain level of chart customisation via the user interface out of the box.
However, it's also possible to use the Highcharts API to make additional changes
(For example, changing the background colour, axes etc.) through custom javascript via the
'edit script' panels of widgets.
But - this requires some developer skills, and isn't so convenient for updating multiple properties at the same time.
This plugin offers a user interface to be able to edit, preview and save a custom chart configuration (Json document) that follows the Highcharts API documentation
It includes and uses an open source Json Editor

Instructions:
1) Unzip contents and copy plugin folder to /<sisense_plugins_folder/customChartOptions (e.g.  C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins\customChartOptions on windows deployments)
2) Create/Edit a compatible widget (Bar, Column, Line, Area, Pie)
3) Activate "Custom Options" toggle on the Design Panel and click the 'Edit Custom Configuration' button.
4) Click the 'Example Config' and then 'Save & Preview' buttons to see an example of customising a chart. Use the Json Editor user interface and Highcharts API Documentation to customise the chart settings as desired.
5) Chart configuration is saved to each widget, and merged with the other chart options applied by Sisense as the chart is drawn. Therefore you only need to specify those things you want to change, not the entire chart options.
Quick demo using the plugin:

Limitations:
1) It's likely possible for some strange combinations e.g. choosing a bar chart in Sisense, then changing to a line chart via the custom options.
2) To be discovered
Rate this article:
Comments
nthomson
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi there, I would like access to this plugin if possible and it's currently not available at the top of the page, please can you relist it or send a new link?

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @nthomson,

Can you detail the issue you are having with the download? I just clicked the link and it took me to a Google Drive folder and I was able to download the plugin from there.

Version history
Last update:
‎03-02-2023 09:26 AM
Updated by:
Contributors