cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Widget filter for I-frame based integration

bala
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage
I've been actively seeking a solution to integrate filter functionality into our table widget, specifically tailored for customer-specific data.
To achieve this, I've explored various avenues. Initially, we considered implementing a filter option solely for customer-specific data using I-frames with Single Sign-On (S SO) capabilities. While this approach showed promise, it became apparent that the implementation was only effective for dashboards, falling short when applied to individual widgets.
Subsequently, the team suggested utilizing J A Q L through URLs to filter data, but again, this solution proved effective solely within the context of dashboards, posing limitations for standalone widgets.
Recognising the need for enhanced data security measures, we explored the option of setting up customer-specific rules within Si sense. However, the process seemed disproportionately cumbersome for what should be a straightforward filter implementation. Moreover, accommodating customers with large datasets would necessitate upgrading our licensing, adding another layer of complexity to the process.
Given these considerations, I'm inclined to question whether configuring data security rules is indeed mandatory for a basic filtering process aimed at rendering table widgets. Is there a simpler, more streamlined approach available that doesn't entail extensive setup or licensing upgrades?
Your insights on the matter would be greatly appreciated. If further clarification is required, please don't hesitate to reach out. Additionally, for additional context, please refer to the tickets listed below.

Example table widget : 
Item Id (Customer Id)
Name
Transaction Amount
customer 1
$100
customer 2
$ 500
customer 1
$ 300
customer 3
$ 400
customer 2
$ 600
1 REPLY 1

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @bala.

Thank you for your question.

This is a pretty complex question and implementation, so I would like to get you connected with a technical resource who can work with you directly. I reached out to your account team to get the ball rolling. 

David Raynor (DRay)