cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Daily Build Timings Widget w/ Usage Analytics

djaquette
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

We build a number of cubes every morning and I'd love to utilize the data in the provided Usage Analytics Model to make a line graph that shows, for each day:
- When the first build started
- When the last build ended
- The total number of minutes between those two points

It seems like all the data's there in the SummarizeBuild table, but I can't quite get the formulas right to get what I want. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @djaquette,

I am going to feature this post to get it more views and hopefully get you an answer.

David Raynor (DRay)

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @djaquette.

the ootb dashboards related to builds already have a lot of charts on builds (screenshot).

image (7).png

Additional charts related to builds can be see in grafana (screenshot).

image (8).png

If the ootb dashboards aren't sufficient, you can look at the usage analytics cube and customize the existing dashboard or create a new build usage dashboard.

If that doesn't help, can you provide the formulas you have tried so far? We can take a look at it provide feedback.

David Raynor (DRay)

Yeah, I've start variations on `MIN([Minutes in startBuildTimeStamp])` or `MAX(MIN([Minutes in endBuildTimeStamp])` with `Days in startBuildTimeStamp` for the X-axis w/o luck

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

You can also do this in the model, whether it's via ranking or conversion of dates to numeric, etc. 

David Raynor (DRay)

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

If you like, you can reach out to your account team to get a technical consultant involved. They can work with you to find a solution.

David Raynor (DRay)