cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Get dashboard widgets API endpoint/ Widgets layout

gavinmc
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hello, I have a query relating to the order and mapping of widgets returned by the get dashboard widgets rest API endpoint.

Requirement: Replicate dashboard layout, across multiple dashboards with multiple widgets
Issue: Get dashboard widgets API endpoint returns widgets data objects in order that does not reflect Sisense layout and does not enable sorting of widgets in layout order and grouping of related widgets.

Our plugin needs to be flexible enough to handle layouts across multiple embedded dashboards, so this cannot be hard-coded to a specific dashboard. From the data returned there does not appear to be a way to sort the widgets in layout order. Additionally, there does not appear to be any obvious mapping between objects returned by the API function to enable grouping of widget types on the page e.g. which main title widgets with which indicator display widgets.

Am I missing something? Happy to be pointed to documentation on this if exists, although I haven't found it. We are using SisenseJS.

1 REPLY 1

gavinmc
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Ok, seems like the using the Embed SDK is the answer to this, in order to embed the entire dashboard in it's original layout.