cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using API to change parent folder of dashboard

jmn3
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Does any one know of a way (either using Sisense API's or another way) to change the parent folder of a dashboard that I am not the owner of? I am admin and have been tasked with organizing our dashboards better but do not want to change ownership of dashboard to myself in order to move dashboards to another folder. 

2 REPLIES 2

Helena_qbeeq
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi @jmn3 ,

I think you should be able to do this using Sisense API Update a dashboard funcion.

This funtion is used to partially update a dashboard, using the data provided in the body. For your use case, I would provide the parentFolder information.
If you do get an exception related to ownership, I would try to use the parameter Tenant ID to execute the function on behalf of the owner.

Please refer to the documentation here: https://sisense.dev/reference/rest/v1.html?platform=linux&spec=L2022.11#/dashboards/updateDashboard

I hope this gets you ton the right path! 🙂

Always here to help,
Helena from QBeeQ
[email protected]
QBeeQ - Gold Implementation and Development Partner
www.qbeeq.pl

Benji_PaldiTeam
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hello @jmn3 ,

As a sys admin, you will need to take over ownership of the necessary dashboards, re-arrange them and then grant back ownership.
You can do it with Paldi's "Dashboard Sharing Utility
We provide free trials so l
et me know if you would like to get it.

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions as we're always happy to help (: