cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how to configure the connection in databricks by means of api

alexgv12
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I want to create dynamic connections for databricks by means of the api, but from sisense it shows me that I don't have access to create connections neither to modify, apparently for being using linux with windows if it exposes these methods, making tests I created a connection but it didn't store the oid and in the provider I only put GenericJDBC but it no longer allows me to create another connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ramon I have already found the solution , thanks for your help

when you create a cube and define the source you use a connector and create the connection from the IGU, this is why I thought that from the api I should first create a connection but for linux s.o. there is no endpoint to create connections, reviewing the documentation I found this repository that was very useful and helped me to understand the process (https://github.com/sisense/datamodels-demo)

when you create a cube and define the source you use a connector and create the connection from the igu, this is why I thought that from the api I should first create a connection but for linux s.o. there is no endpoint to create connections, reviewing the documentation I found this repository that was very useful and helped me to understand the process (https://github.com/sisense/datamodels-demo)

1. you must create the data model
2. you must create the dataset associated to that data model (here in this step the connection information is sent) with the following structure
"provider": "GenericJDBC_databricks",
"parameters": {
"ApiVersion": "2",
"connectionString": "jdbc:databricks:Server="\";HTTPPath="\";Token="\";database="\"",
"userName": "",
"password": "",
"database": "CData"
},
3. then tables and relationships

and should use this endpoint (Image)

taking into account that the connector is already set up

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ramon_Lopez
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi Alex-

My name is Ramon Lopez and i'm field CTO here at Sisense covering the west region.

I would love to understand more about what you are attempting to achieve here.

Please create a support ticket, request it be assigned to me and we can schedule a session to review your goals.

Thanks and looking forward to it!

Ramon Lopez

Hi Ramon, yes of course, I would be very grateful if you could help me with the case, let me know your availability and we can coordinate.

Ramon_Lopez
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Sent you a private message via the Sisense Community.  Please review and let me know when you can connect.

thanks!

Hi Ramon I have already found the solution , thanks for your help

when you create a cube and define the source you use a connector and create the connection from the IGU, this is why I thought that from the api I should first create a connection but for linux s.o. there is no endpoint to create connections, reviewing the documentation I found this repository that was very useful and helped me to understand the process (https://github.com/sisense/datamodels-demo)

when you create a cube and define the source you use a connector and create the connection from the igu, this is why I thought that from the api I should first create a connection but for linux s.o. there is no endpoint to create connections, reviewing the documentation I found this repository that was very useful and helped me to understand the process (https://github.com/sisense/datamodels-demo)

1. you must create the data model
2. you must create the dataset associated to that data model (here in this step the connection information is sent) with the following structure
"provider": "GenericJDBC_databricks",
"parameters": {
"ApiVersion": "2",
"connectionString": "jdbc:databricks:Server="\";HTTPPath="\";Token="\";database="\"",
"userName": "",
"password": "",
"database": "CData"
},
3. then tables and relationships

and should use this endpoint (Image)

taking into account that the connector is already set up

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]