cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails in Sisense not sending.

sigriffy
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage
I can't figure out why emails are not being sent from our Sisense account. I tried to resave and work with some of the Sisense settings and I have not been successful.

Can you help me figure out why our activation emails are not being sent to new users?

4 REPLIES 4

Liliia_DevX
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi,

I recommend you to check the following:

1. If a "Single Sign-On" option is enabled in the system, the user activation and reset password emails are disabled automatically: https://docs.sisense.com/main/SisenseLinux/using-single-sign-on-to-access-sisense.htm

2. Check if other email reports could be sent successfully. If no, please follow this troubleshooting guide to narrow down the issue. 

3. Review the galaxy.log on the server and check if there are any errors related to the mail sending process that might explain the issue.

If that doesn't help, please clarify your Sisense version, platform and provide the updates on the troubleshooting suggestions mentioned above. Alternatively, you can reach out to our Support team for a further investigation. 

Hope this helps!

Best Regards, Lily

soniya01
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

When emails in Sisense are not sending, it could be due to various reasons. Let's troubleshoot in simple terms:

1. Check Email Configuration:

• Ensure that your email settings in Sisense are correctly configured. It's like making sure your email account is set up properly in an app on your phone.
  2. SMTP Server Check:

• Verify that the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server details are accurate. Think of it as confirming the address and credentials of your email server.
  3. Credentials and Authentication:

• Double-check the username and password for your email account in Sisense. It's similar to ensuring you have the right login details for your email.
  4. Security Settings:

• Some email servers have security settings that may block third-party apps. Check if your email provider requires any specific security configurations or app permissions.
  5. Test Email Sending:

• Use Sisense's test email feature if available. It's like sending a test message to see if everything is working correctly.
  6. Check Recipient Details:

• Ensure that the email addresses of the recipients are entered correctly. Just like making sure you type the correct email address when sending an email manually.
  7. Spam or Junk Folder:

• Ask recipients to check their spam or junk folders. Sometimes emails can end up there. It's like looking in your spam folder for an email that might have been marked as spam by mistake.
  8. Review Error Messages:

• If there are error messages, pay attention to them. They can provide clues about what might be going wrong, similar to error messages you might get when something doesn't work on your computer.
  9. Contact Support:

• If the issue persists, contact Sisense support. They are like customer service for the software and can assist in resolving any technical problems.

marcoperson250
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Make sure you check the SMTP details. I hope this will help to activate the email.

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @sigriffy ,

Did any of the solutions offered work for you? If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so that other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)